State Enterprise “Research Institute of Building Production” was established according to decree of the USSR Council of Ministers of the from 16.07.1946 number 1596 under the name State Institute of Design of industrial and housing construction.
In 1952 the Council of Ministers on 15.12.1952 number 32524 institute received the status of research one and name Union State Research Institute of organization and mechanization of industrial and residential construction.
In 1956 the Council of Ministers of USSR from 29.11.1956 number 1423 institute was subordinated to the Academy of Construction and Architecture Ukrainian SSR called Research Institute of mechanization and economy of construction.
In 1959, the Presidium of the Academy of Construction and Architecture Institute of the USSR renamed Research Institute of mechanization and building production.
In 1963, at the Research Institute of Construction and mechanization of production base, the Council of Ministers of the USSR of 24.08.1963 number 962, created Research Institute building production (RIBP), subordinated to the State Construction Committee of the USSR.
In 1991, the Institute moved to a new way of management and at the Research Institute of construction production was created Lease Enterprise “Research Institute of Building Production” (OP RIBP) with 100% state-owned property in the authorized capital of the Institute.
The joint decree of the State Construction Committee and Derzhnahlyadohoronypratsi from 27.11.1997 № 32/288 OP RIBP granted the status of main organization of coordination, training and regulations on inspections and certification of buildings and structures to ensure their reliability and safe operation.